Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Titles in Premier. Including Title Deko 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoung4

Technical User
Feb 21, 2001
GB
When I put a title into the time line of my project and render the project the video stutters and is jerky.

If I render the same project without any titles the project is ok.

I am puting my main video on timeline 1a and 1b to use transitions, and I am putting the title onto Video 2 time line so that I can use fade handles to fade the title in and out over video.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

How sophisticated is your title?
Does the same thing happen if you use a simple superimposed white non moving title from the titler in Premiere?

;-) "If nothing else, I can always serve as a bad example!”

Yes I have tried using only a white title from the Adobe titler. I have uninstalled all my Miro Dc30 plus drives, and Adobe premier. I then reinstalled all software.

I have tried changing project settings, video filters, upperfield first, optimise stills etc but this has not worked. I have updated quicktime to 4.1 and also Direct X to Version 7. I have defraged my harddrive. I have used the tour videos from Adobe instead of my captured video but this has not worked.

I have updated all my miro dc30 plus drivers to the latest version, and also Adobe premier to 5.1c.

I have changed the data rate limit to 5000 kb/s. I tried taking the limit off.

I dont know what else I can do. Adobe are not very helpfull
their response is only what they have in their knowledge database. I can print this off myself.

Sorry... I don't have a DC30! But it should work! I suggest you post, if you haven't done it, your question on the Adobe Forum:

Most threads are now on Premiere 6... But still a lot of 5.x DC30 users around... or search!

Best I can do!

;-)
"If nothing else, I can always serve as a bad example!”

I am very pleased to say that this problem has now been solved. The DMA feature on my hardrive was not enabled. I enabled this by going to the device manager and selecting the DMA feature on my hard drive. This cured the jerky video after it had been rendered with a title over it.
Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back