Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tips on troubleshooting dropped NFUSE sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2003
US
My environment is Nfuse Classic 1.7 (W2K), with a seperate CSG server (W2K) running SSL. I have been supporting a user load of a few hundred users without any major issues.
My question is how can I troubleshoot persons who are activly using sessions that drop or disappear?
I have looked through the CSG Event logs and only say, five entries a day has a &quot;connection from client >X.X.X.X:XXXX< timed out. Though it appears that there are far more persons getting dropped. Damm this internet and untraceability.

Thought I would ask those who have experience first. Thank you for your time.

Shouldbblank

This is probably due to ISP latency and can be addressed by increasing the session idle time.

Hope this helps

I usually set this on the citrix server:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
&quot;TcpMaxDataRetransmissions&quot;=dword:0000000a

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix]
&quot;IcaEnableKeepAlive&quot;=dword:00000001
&quot;IcaKeepAliveInterval&quot;=dword:0000003c

[KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
&quot;KeepAliveTime&quot;=dword:0000ea60
&quot;KeepAliveInterval&quot;=dword:000003e8

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters]
&quot;MaxCmds&quot;=dword:000000ff
&quot;MaxThreads&quot;=dword:000000ff
&quot;MaxCollectionCount&quot;=dword:0000ffff

Then make sure no hardware between the client and the server is running idle options. (check firewalls, routers and manageble switches) Either increase idle to a large number, or disable alltogether.

Free citrixprinting support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back