Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tips needed to improve performance of website

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubat

Programmer
Dec 30, 2010
KW
Hi All,

I have build a website called for online shopping.

The problem is that the website is extremely slow. Especially when you visit the section Drinks -> Bevergages -> Juices. I want to implement similar functionality on this page as on
If anybody can guide me with the approach i need to take or is able to understand the logic the later site has implemented, It will be a great help.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

mubat.

First thing I would look at are the indexes. Are you using stored procedures? Have you looked at the execution plan to see where the heaviest workload is occurring to possibly identify where adjustments may be needed?

If you execute the database calls separately, and it returns immediately, then perhaps a look at the load process to see where it can be tightened up. If that's the case, then post the load statement so maybe we can give better and more precise suggestions.

--------------------------------------------------
“Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.” --Wernher von Braun
--------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back