Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timing after compile

Status
Not open for further replies.

maffoo

Programmer
Nov 11, 2000
GB
Hi,

I make animatronics, and I control them, using Visual Basic, however, I am a bit of an amateur when it comes to programming...

I am having problems, I need accurate timing, to control my I/O outputs in time with my sound playback, which is ok while running in the VB environment, but as soon as I complile, it slows down to a crawl and no longer is sycronised with my speech / sound playback.

Does anyone know of any ideas to help me please?

Thanks

Matthew Riley

Actally native code is faster than P-code since P-Code still needs to be translated at runtime. - Jeff Marler B-)

Better lose the
Code:
gosubs
guys, that's just one of several old-timer's constructs that are gone in VB.Net

What's probably happening is that you synchronized the animatronics in the ide, which is much slower then when it is compiled. What you need to do is synch the animatronics with the compiled exe's.

I would do it by setting the timing values and then compile and run it. Keep repeating the process till things become synched... Troy Williams B.Eng.
fenris@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back