Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timesync issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datong

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I have a small tree with 4 servers in it. 3 are NW51SP5 and the other is NW4.2. There is one SINGLE and 3 Secondarys all configured by the book. One of the servers running NW51SP5 (not the NW42 server as you would imagine) will not time sync. Replicas are fine, settings are identicle and there appaera to be no time difference )dsrepair time sync) but this one server will not say that the time is in sync. There are no network problems and IPXCON reports that it can see the tree and the other servers and that time is active on the lan. The only diffeence I can see is that timesync.nlm on this server is 1 revision lower. I have experimented by copying the newer file over the older and reloading timesync but this still does not seem to cure the problem. SLP is configured ok and the routers are not filtering anything. Anybody shed some light on this ?

Thanks...

Try doing a SET TIMESYNC RESET FLAG=ON

It will reset the timesync parameters to the default values, then you can try reconfiguring it. Also are you seeing a TIMESYNC debug screen and if so is there any info on there that you could share?

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Hi Marv.

done a reset and reconfig but still the same issue. It transpires that there was a failed attempt to SP the server which was incorrectly backed out. There are now several mismatched NLMs on the server. It was also divulged that the local admins had been sitting on this problem for 3 weeks ! now they are having trouble with local admin rights and have called us in to fix it. I think its more serious then just time here and I need to get the server stable first to be able to do any work on it. The powers that be are insisting on a rebuild. Who am I to argue if they want to pay me to do it.
Thanks for the quick response.

Datong

Hi Marv,

yeah I know. I call it as I see it - I didnt find out either until after I posted.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back