Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timestamp in CR 8.5 only shows date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhessey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2005
I'm having a problem getting the time portion of a timestamp to show in CR 8.5. The only thing that shows is the date. If I use the same fields in Excel, I get both the date and time. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

What's the database you're pulling data from, and what connectivity are you using?

When you right click the field and select browse data, what does it show as the data type?

If the data source is Excel originally, Excel often misreports data types, and inserting a faux row in the beginning of the report which identifies each data type is one workaround.

Or you might make sure that the actual first row is a dattime in the Excel spreadsheet, Excel bases it's data types on the first row,

-k

If it is CR 8.5 you might have the Convert Date-Time field in the File > Report Options (or Options) menu to "To Date" instead of "To Date-Time". You can change the settings in the appropriate menu depending on whether you want it just for this report or for all the reports. You can also customize just that field by converting the data type from Date to Date-Time.

Thanks for your help guys, rnd's solution fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back