Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timer on a User Profile - Stand Alone PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasBrown

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
ZA
Hi There,

I don't know if this is the correct forum for this. I am looking for a little app. I don't know if there is such a thing around but I can't seem to find any.

What it must do is if I log on as Administrator I want to be able to go to the User Profiles and put a timer on the normal user profiles. I want to be able to set the number of minutes. Once that user logs on it has the time somewhere on the screen and counts down, once the time is up the PC either just logs off or reboots. The user then cannot use the PC for the rest of the day. Then say at midnight the counter resets itself and all is ready for the next day.

I want this to happen on a stand alone PC. I know it can be done with 2003 server but this is just a stand alone PC at home.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back