Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIMEOUT Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorkel9

Technical User
Aug 27, 2003
GB
I have this situation where the SQL in the SQL override of the Source qualifier takes a long time to run. It attempts to retieve the records (throughput always remains 0) but after some time the session fails. When I replace the slow SQL with a much faster piece of SQL that returns records instantly then the mapping runs successfully.

Apart from tuning the slow SQL is there a TIMEOUT setting I should increase so as to give the SQL more time to complete?

Can you be more specific, what middleware are you using, from which database are you extracting data. What does the log file say on the reason(code) of the failure.
More details please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

The platform is client/server pc/Sun Solaris Unix, Oracle9i/Informatica 6.1. The Source is oracle 9i.

The workflow properties gives the following failed status messages

- PETL_24013 Session run completed with failure.

below is an extract of the session log file immediately after the SQL in the Source Qualifer. I am expecting 45,000 records to be returned and processed. It doesn't even get pass the SQ transformation.

READER_1_1_1> DBG_21434 Reader [SQ_CP_ACC_PROPERTY_TRN_ARCH_DTL]: Getting empty buffer block for reading
MASTER> PETL_24020

***** RUN INFO FOR TGT LOAD ORDER GROUP [1], SRC PIPELINE [1] *****
MASTER> PETL_24018 Thread [READER_1_1_1] created for the read stage of partition point [SQ_CP_ACC_PROPERTY_TRN_ARCH_DTL] has completed: Total Run Time = [466.488449] secs, Total Idle Time = [0.000000] secs, Busy Percentage = [100.000000].
MASTER> PETL_24024 Thread [TRANSF_1_1_1_1] created for the transformation stage of partition point [SQ_CP_ACC_PROPERTY_TRN_ARCH_DTL] has completed. The total run time was insufficient for any meaningful statistics.
MASTER> PETL_24024 Thread [TRANSF_1_1_1_2] created for the transformation stage of partition point [AGG_TOTAL_CASH] has completed. The total run time was insufficient for any meaningful statistics.
MASTER> PETL_24024 Thread [TRANSF_1_1_1_3] created for the transformation stage of partition point [AGG_AC_ACCOUNT_MIGRATION_STATUS] has completed. The total run time was insufficient for any meaningful statistics.
MASTER> PETL_24025 Thread [WRITER_1_1_1] created for the write stage of partition point(s) [AC_ACCOUNT_MIGRATION_STATUS3, AC_ERROR_LOG2, DM_CASH, DM_CUSTOMER_ACCOUNT, AC_ACCOUNT_MIGRATION_STATUS, AC_ERROR_LOG] has completed. The total run time was insufficient for any meaningful statistics.
MASTER> PETL_24021 ***** END RUN INFO *****

MASTER> PETL_24005 Starting post-session tasks.
MASTER> PETL_24028 Post-session task completed with failure.
MAPPING>
MAPPING> TT_11027 =======================================================
DETAILED TRANSFORMATION ROW STATISTICS
for DSQ [SQ_CP_ACC_PROPERTY_TRN_ARCH_DTL], Partition[1]
----------------------------------
MAPPING>
MAPPING> TT_11031 Transformation [SQ_CP_ACC_PROPERTY_TRN_ARCH_DTL]:
MAPPING> TT_11035 Input - 0 (__READER__)
MAPPING> TT_11037 [RTR_CASH_ROWS]: Output - 0, Dropped - 0
MAPPING>
MAPPING> TT_11031 Transformation [RTR_CASH_ROWS]:
MAPPING> TT_11034 Input - 0 (SQ_CP_ACC_PROPERTY_TRN_ARCH_DTL: 0)
MAPPING> TT_11037 [EXP_ACCOUNTS_NO_CASH]: Output - 0, Dropped - 0
MAPPING> TT_11037 [EXP_DM_CASH_ROWS]: Output - 0, Dropped - 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back