Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timeout error SQL State 'HYT00'

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuben

Programmer
Feb 8, 2001
ZA
I am trying to connect to a SQL Server 7.0 database (SP2) running on Windows 2000 professional from a client machine running Windows 98. When I try to connect through the ODBC setup wizard I get a timeout error on the first try. If I try again immediately I can connect. If I try again after about a minute the same thing happens.

This does not only occur when I use the ODBC wizard but also through the query analyser, enterprise manager and through VB.

I have searched the MS website with no success. I am beginning to suspect a problem with my network library or MDAC.

Please help.

Try getting to the server from the client over the network(using File Explorer) when you are trying to connect to SQL the first time.

If you can get to it then the problem lies elsewhere. If you cannot get to it, then there is a network issue there.

Thanks for your help - makes sense.
However I discovered be chance that it was my lan dns setting for internet access that was causing the problem - strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back