Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timed Auto Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja01

Technical User
Dec 14, 2005
US
Here is my situation: I use an sql table called userlist. I bring the table into MS Access and create a make_table everyday and it is done manually. Does anyone know a way to automatically invoke either sql enterprise manager or ms access thorugh a macro to automatically produce a simple userlist daily at say 4:00PM. This may get more into batch computer operations processing at night but thought I would ask. The table would have the following fields:
user_name(varchar), user_login(datetime) expressed as 99:99:00:00 or hour:time:minutes:seconds So if I did this in sql the coding would begin something like this:
select user_name,user_login
from userlist
where user_login >='2006-01-30' at a time of 4:30PM. SO would I need to change the date everyday??
I desire this because there maybe times I am away and cannot get to the application. If this happended I could miss a whole day of reporting.

You can set it up as a job in Enterprise Manager and I'm not sure, others in here can tell you, but it might be best to make it a stored procedure
and you can put this as your statement so you wouldn't have to change the date

select user_name,user_login
from userlist
where user_login >=convert(char(10), getdate(), 20)

<.

YOu can create a dts package that will run your query and schedule it to run when you need it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back