Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

timecard import

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarter1

Programmer
Mar 9, 2002
CA
I am wondering if anyone has experience with Importing Timecards into Advantage Series. I have created 2 import .csv's that match exactly the specifications I found for Canadian Payroll, but I can only read 15 records at a time before it crashes, in the timecard detail .csv. Has anyone done this successfully?

I have worked with timecards and importing into US Payroll, but not the Canadian (but I think they would be very similar). What is the error message? Are you sure none of the employees or earning codes are marked inactive? Have you tried adding the 15th & 16th timecards manually in accpac to see if it gives you any error codes? Have you looked at your csv file to make sure there are no extra commas at the end of the line giving you the error? Check these things out and if you are still having trouble please post the error message you are receiving, the service pak level and the version.
Hope this helps,
Marc

Marc,

Thanks for the reply. Through trial and error, I realized that the column order given to be my by my client's AccPac consultant needed to be changed, since the last column in the import file contained null values. If I swapped this column with the second-last column, the file seemed to import correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back