Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Zones and the Outlook Calendar on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina2

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
We just migrated to MetaFrame XP. I thought the time zone enhancement was pretty groovy until yesterday, when one of my users on the West Coast (Server is on the East) pointed out to me that we were not seeng his travel information the way it was intended.

When he puts in a one day trip, his system shows it from Midnight on Tues. to Midnight on Wed. when I look at the calendar it shows 3AM Wed.-3AM Thurs., so it appears he is out of the office for 2 days.

Does anybody have a simple workaround for this that does not involve re-training reluctant users? I really like the fact that MetaFrame can pick up the users system time. I have people all over the world, and it is pretty handy except for this.

I would love to hear what other organizations do in regards to calendar sharing.

Thanks,
Kristine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back