Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Zone Difference for Shared DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhirsch

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2004
US
My db is on a shared server used by people in 2 different time zones. When they fill out a field on one of the forms, a date and time automatically get entered into two other fields through code I added.

However I would like the time always to be EST. Currently it gets entered as whatever time it is in the time zone that the user is in.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

well, i'm not sure how... use an if statment to check the local the pc is set to, and if it's not how you want it, tell it to add or take away an hour...

sorry i can't help any more then this...

--Junior JHauge@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

You should have access to the Windows time zone info, but I'm not sure exactly where. I'll have a look off-line and get back. Failing that, if you have your users log on to the server, you could add a routine to look up their time zones and set a constant accordingly, then add or subtract this constant whenever you write records. That would be my favoured way. I try to follow the principle of mnot relying on Windows system parameters. Users can fiddle them!!

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back