Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time sync'ing on network

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhixson

MIS
Aug 6, 2000
US
Is there a way I can syncronize the times on all the XP and 2000Pro workstations on my network to one of my servers, and have that server syncronize with someone like the naval base, etc?

Thanks!

get the win32 version of NTP server from and install it on your network server. Next get a client piece like world time or datumtime, and put it on your client boxes. You have the server look to any stratum 1 or stratum 2 time server, and the clients look at your server.

The Win32 executable mentioned above (pdxcliffy) is great for your server. However, instead of installing anything else on your clients, simply enter the following into a Command Prompt:
net time /setsntp:<your server IP>
...replacing <your server IP> with *just that --eg. 10.1.0.1*. This will sync your clients to your server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back