Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time synchronization among nt workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gensan

MIS
Feb 21, 2001
SG
can anybody help me on how to synchronize clock for all workstations and servers in a domain. I've used login scripts to issue net time command but it does not work to all. I think it has something to do with the local admin rights which not all the users have. So how do I synchronize time? my network is MS NT server. workstations are NT4.0 workstations.

If you have an NT Resource Kit, there is a "timeserv.exe" file (may be slightly mispelled) that you can have run as a service on each machine. It will periodically update the cmos clock from a target machine.
If not, you have to use net time. There is an article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base that gives details on how to set that up.

John Rini

first, you need to allow "everyone" permission to change the system time on the workstations.
Then timesynch will work.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back