Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Is there any way of syncing the time to the time.gov website? I notice since my upgrade to Succession 4.0 every few weeks I need to change the time on the PBX to match the PC's here? The PC's always are correct...

There is a way that if you can keep track of the time desrepencies, the switch will adjust itself at regular intervals, by you setting up the adjustment parameters. I think it is in Ld 2, I will have to look at a book to give details.

Ok to print the current time of day adjustment, go to ld 2 and enter TDTA
To set the adjustment it is SDTA x y
x= 0 or negative increment or 1 positive increment
y= 0-60 second adjustment in increments of 100ms

This is done during the midnights, so if set correctly you time issue should be resolved by the start of business. Hope that helps.

I personally do not have that major of an issue, but when my time is out of whack, I will call the atomic clock 800 number. It repeats the time over and over again, so I can set my time accordingly.

i use procomm scripts, with scheduler you can add a logi to the script and have it run once a day, i run it once a week during a maint window. i have a list of a few things i do each week, with ld 2 adjusted as close as i can get it, i run about a half a second a week fast.. heres the script

Code:
proc main

integer iDay, iMonth, iYear, iMin, iHour, iSec
string sSend

ltimeints $LTIME iYear iMonth iDay iHour iMin iSec

strfmt sSend "STAD %02d %02d %d %02d %02d %02d" iDay iMonth iYear iHour iMin iSec
   set txpace 30
   transmit "****^M"
   waitfor ">"
   transmit "ld 2^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "TTAD^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit sSend
   transmit "^M"
   waitfor "."
   pause 2
   transmit "TTAD^M"
   waitfor "."
   pause 2
   transmit "****^M"

endproc

after you log in start that script and it will sync to the pc it is running on, to the 100th of a second, and show the amount of the time adjust

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Always been a pet peev of mine. I spend a million $ on a switch and it can't keep good time. Even if you only buy the $30K model it should still keep good time. Nortel makes good switches and I have been playing with them since the 70's. Not one of them could hold a candle to a Timex.

Go figure.

Thank goodness they don't make watches I'd always be late.

if they made watches, techs couldn't afford them and management couldn't set the time

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

So when I did a TDTA it came back with
tdta 1_100

what exactly is this telling me?

You'd also have to query the time in command line mode. I guess it would still be LD 2.

They don't work well under water either. Been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back