Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Stamping

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
SG
Hi,

I have a form which currently imports data which is then left pending until confirmed.

currently i have set the timestamp to the time the record was imported ie =time() in the tables efault value.

I want to change this method so that it time stamps the record upon checking the yes/no confirm box.

this is what ive tried so far,
Me.time.defaultvalue = time() = me.confirm = true
this doesnt work although
Me.update.visible = true = me.confirm = true makes the update command button appear when checked

any ideas?

also how do i bind a text box based on another query not being used by the form,
ie the record source of my form counts all the confirmed fields, i want another count that only counts the confirmed boxes on a certain date on the same form but based on another query.

thx

I stamp my records (documents) too. to track document flow thru the beauracrappy that i work in...

you may want to update your stamp by setting
Me.Time = Time() 'Or Now() to get date & time
in the AfterUpdate event of the Me.Confirm control. You can use either a macro or VBA.

Hope this gets you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back