Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time stamp on messages off by one hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

voip64

Technical User
Feb 12, 2009
US
CallPilot 1002rp rls 5.041 latest suite of PEP's installed. When users leave messages in mailbox the time stamp is one hour earlier than when message was actually left.

Check the time on the server. If only certain users are off, check their time zone.

I've had this problem multiple times.

Fix #1: Open the time settings on the server and click on the Time Zone tab. Verify the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings" is not checked. Go into Services on the CallPilot server. Verify the Windows Time Service is stopped and disabled. If it's not, stop it and disable it. Reboot the server. Test time stamp on messages and also, if applicable, test applications that use time of day blocks.

Fix #2: If the Windows Time Service is already stopped and the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings"is already unchecked, run Config Wizard and change the Time Zone to something other than what it currently is. Reboot the server. Run Config Wizard again and change the time zone back. Reboot the server once again. Test time stamps and applications.

I have fixed this problem with both of these methods. Fix #2 we performed last week on a 201i.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thanks for the info. I will attempt in a maintenance window. I didn't think you had to reboot the server after making a change to the time adjustment or stopping windows time service???

That's what I thought too but the problem didn't get resolved until after the reboot.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back