Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time stamp 2 min off on phone display

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb2020

Technical User
Oct 29, 2012
US
Can anyone help with setting the clock on a AVAYA IP 500 administrator manager, under systems. Im getting time from my server ip address for sync. The server time is correct.
My phones display seems to be two minutes off.

I notice that the dayalight saving time, date and year was not correct. Should that be deleted? And will that affect anything?

Thanks,

I have seen this with some models of phone, they seem to run their own internal clock once they have received their initial time from the IPO and therefore solwly drift out of synt with the IPO
Man with a watch always knows the time, Man with 2 watches is never quite sure
unplugging the handset & reconnecting will re-sync until it drifts again

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If you open system status, the time of the ipo shows in the bottom right hand corner. Is that time correct?

I notice that there is not a time on the bottom right hand corner that shows the time. Where else would the time show. Th local time offset is set from UTC at -5:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back