Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time slot capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod1

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
PH
Hi,
We are planning to expand our call center for more seats and more T1 lines. Just want to know if how many T1 lines and digital lines I can add on my existing configuration? Here is the sample report I got from the switch regarding Port network load balance report. I know that each port network can handle 17,388 CCS time slots but just want to know if there standard on how many percent must each port network can only utilized to avoid blocking? How are these time slots determined? Thanks.

A good rule of thumb is 6-7 DS-1 boards per Port Network. You can therefore increase the number of boards by splitting your cabinet into dual port networks, but of course you're trading off on the other number of boards you can use then.

You could ask Avaya for a special application that will allow you to convert one MCC cabinet into 5 port networks.

You can have upto 241 similtanious calls at any given time. The equates to approximately 10 slots. So what you need to determine is what is the call volume for your agents and then how many port networks will be required for the number of agents and T1's.

Try this site. It's not bad, you decide the type of service level you want for your call center then go here and plug in numbers.
BHanson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back