Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time server, w32time

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicknnhead

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2002
US
i have a NT4 domain Controller, the rest of the network is Windows 2000 servers and professional client's. i set up (or at least i think i did) one of the local win2K memeber servers as our time server, when i do a query on the time server it gives the the time server i put in so i think that is correct, however i cannot get the clients to sync to the local server, i even went and set the sntp manually and it say that the time server did not give out a valid time stamp, in the event log it says "The NTP server didn't respond" i set it to server.domainname.com so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. please help or send me in the right direction. thanks

If you have a Time server, from the Clients run NET TIME /SET and they should sync. Is that how you tried? Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
[alien]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back