Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Saving Tips for Drawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefarsin

Technical User
Sep 6, 2004
US
I have about 200 line drawings of furniture to complete. I'm just looking for any advice on speeding up this long process. Most of the furniture is kind of ornate and I have to show this detail in the drawing. I've been placing the photo of the piece in Illustrator and tracing over it whenever possible. One difficulty is that most of the shots are at three-quarter view and the drawings have to be straight-on. So, there is a lot of interpretation and generalization. I've been using the Perspective feature of the Crop tool in Photoshop to try to straighten the view out a little before tracing it. Obviously, one thing that helps is to trace half and then flip it horizontal to form the other side. Any help in streamlining this process is appreciated. Thanks.

I hope they are paying you well. I don't think there is any way of speeding up the process, as it sounds as though every piece is an individual item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back