Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIme Process in db with out opening db

Status
Not open for further replies.

JONBOY74

Technical User
Sep 11, 2001
US
Hi

I have an Access db that is fed by data from a number of Excel forms in turn we then periodically feed this data into an Oracle db using a front-end in the Access db. Once this has occurred I want a tbl within Access to be updated with confirmation code which comes from the Oracle db.

The confirmation code will not be produced until the information has been confirmed within the Oracle db. This means that there is a timing issue.

I want to use a timer event that updates the Access tbl every minute, but I want this to be kicked off in the morning by the first user that logs on...... AND this is my problem

If I put the timer event on the front-end that loads the data into the Oracle db then, when more users open the Front-end the event will be kicked off time & time again

What I want is it to be kicked of once and stay active all day even if that users logs off

I really need help with this

Thanks

Jon

Do you have a date field in the table which records the confirmation codes?

If this is the case, then as part of a startup sequence, open a static recordset, based upon the date. If the recordset is > 0 then it means the process has already occured & you can skip running it again.

James Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back