Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time out running export details 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporty2

Technical User
Feb 16, 2006
US
I have a CP4.04 with 3,000 boxes on it and when I run "export details" from CP Manager I get the following.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/cpmgr/useradmin/User/usersearchprtexp.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.

Can anyone point me in the direction to change the values?

Thanks,
sporty2

It is an option that should be under the IIS application. You should find it off of manage when you select the system icon and do a right click properties.

I am not 100% sure this is where you change it I do know there is some options there.

Let me know it this helps or puts you in the wrong place.

Thanks for the reply callenj, do you know if this can be changed without affecting service and or if I have to stop and restart any services?

sporty2

Sorry I do not know. I have asked the question to a couple people and they are not sure either. Some have said yes while others have said no.

This was my fix;

In IIS manager double-click the local computer, right-click on Web Sites and select properties from there change the connection timeout from default (120) to 300, click apply and open the Home Director tab and click on configuration and slect the option tab, change the ASP script timeout to 300, click OK and exit.

I did this on the fly with no impact on my box.

Hope this helps,

sporty2

Glad you got it resolved! I will share the impact with those of us that were not sure. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back