Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIME on phones type 7940 and 7960 CCM 5.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

betoraya2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2009
MX
Hi, how are you??

i have CCM 5.1 and this weekend the summer time over ,,, and the clock needs to change one hour earlier,,, the problem here is that the time change in almost all phone,, but the 7940s and 7960s continue whit the summer time,,, and i cant adjust like others.. help me please.

thanks....

Be sure you have the latest patches for your version of UCM.

I had to create a seperate Date/Time Group using a different time zone and then place the 7940's in a device pool that used the D/T group.
I was told this was due to an issue with the 7940's.
Regardless, the work around does the trick for me.
Example:
The D/T group being used by my 7941's and 61's has Time Zone: US Eastern Stander Time - (GMT -5:00) No Daylight (cant read the rest).
My workaround D/T group has Time Zone: US Eastern Standard/Daylight Time (GMT -5:00)

good job Dan, good work around. did you manually change each phones dp then?

Hope this helps.

no. I was lucky. I had three sites with this issue and all used the 7940. So I just had to associate their device pool with the new Time zone. Change the time zone as needed and reset.

I wish I could remember where I found that work around, i believe it was from another site.

I had this problem recently and I issued a call to TAC. They told me that the 7940 and 7960 have this problem from 5.x and up. they gave me a patch to fix those specific phones. I would post it for you, but it was for 7.X and not 5.X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back