Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of the day voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwfw22

MIS
Feb 19, 2004
US
Is there a way for Audix to play different voicemail greetings depending on the time of the day?

Recently we did not have anyone logged in the system and call ended up in the voicemail box...all that is good except that the greeting that was played said that we are closed. Can I have a different message play from the same voicemail box for day time calls and another for after hours? Thanks

Yes, it's called "Call Types" and is found under Option 3 (Personal Greetings) on the VM menu for the extension. I'll try and dig up more information on this tomorrow for you.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

I had tried to to use the feature with personal greetings but couldn't ever get it to work right. But I thnk that it was a problem w1th the related feature of gettng a dlfferent greeting according to inside and outside calls. it was probably just me.
But you can also get different messages depending upon time by using the 'display auto rout' screen in the Intuity and have it route the call to a different mailbox with a different greeting for nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back