Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of Day Script question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTech34

Vendor
Jan 20, 2012
US
Hello,

I am currently working on a new script and I can't get the time of day to work the way I'd like, see below. I'm not experienced in scripting so bare with me. I want calls outside of business hours to be routed to the closed message, currently it happens when everyone is logged out regardless of the time. I added an application variable named Claims_Hours_gv and set the business hours up in there. Will the time of day variable only work if all agents are logged out? I would like callers to hear the closed message after 4:30pm even when an agent forgets to logout, is that possible?

IF (DATE = Holidays_gv) THEN
EXECUTE Closed
END IF

IF (DAY OF WEEK <> Bus_Days_gv) AND
(TIME OF DAY <> Claims_Hours_gv) THEN
EXECUTE Closed
END IF

IF OUT OF SERVICE Claims_sks THEN
EXECUTE Closed
END IF

IF NOT OUT OF SERVICE Claims_sks THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET Claims_sks
ELSE
EXECUTE Closed
END IF

WAIT 7

GIVE IVR 7035 WITH TREATMENT 1004015

GIVE MUSIC 1

SECTION First_Loop

IF NOT QUEUED THEN
ELSE
EXECUTE Closed
END IF
END IF

WAIT 45

GIVE IVR 7035 WITH TREATMENT 1014015

EXECUTE First_Loop

SECTION Closed

ROUTE CALL 7425

FYI- 7425 is an SDN that points to an application which plays the announcement

Any help is appreciated

Change this bit
Code:
IF (DAY OF WEEK <> Bus_Days_gv) AND
EXECUTE Closed
END IF
to
Code:
IF (DAY OF WEEK <> Bus_Days_gv) OR
EXECUTE Closed
END IF

Thanks for your reply. I made that change but it still plays the closed message during those hours when nobody is logged in. I know I can make it work by using a time control block in Application Builder but I thought it was possible through scripting. Is it because this call center is not fronted by an auto attendant and the calls go directly to an agent? My only concern is if someone forgets to logout, the queue will act likes it's open after hours and queue the calls. This department opted to have agents put in not ready when they miss a call center call instead of logging them out.

it still plays the closed message during those hours when nobody is logged in. "

That is what this command is doing
Code:
EXECUTE Closed
END IF
You didn't say what you wanted to happen during business hours when nobody is logged in.
What do you want?

Sorry Stanley, that actually worked. I forgot while I was testing I changed the time of day variable, once I adjusted that it worked. If I have someone logged in after hours but in not ready the closed message plays. Thanks for your help.

these two bits do much the same thing

EXECUTE Closed
END IF

ELSE
EXECUTE Closed
END IF

you could lose the first bit

Okay so I can remove that first section below without any impact?

EXECUTE Closed
END IF

One thing I read in the books was your supposed to make changes in Local then sync to the Global script. Is there any issues with making changes in Global while a skillset is active because I was trained to just make the changes in Global? This script in particular is not being used yet because the phones aren't programmed but I have it active.

I agree with bignose21 but it does raise the question - do you really want callers to get the closed treatment during business hours if nobody is logged in? That relies on the agents always remembering. You might want to consider routing the call to an MCR key on several phones so somebody will be alerted.

I never got the point of using Local mode to change scripts. Just seemed like extra steps to confuse me. I do try to copy and save the text of a script before I make changes so it can be quickly pasted back if necessary.

Like Stanley says it would normally have outside business hours set to a Closed Message, Holidays either to same closed or a Holiday specific message, and then the OUT OF SERVICE Skillset to either another group of phones or a message saying there is currently a technical issue etc.

Got it, so this out of service portion of the script only applies to when nobody is logged in. Which can also mean there is a technical issue and the call center is down or unreachable. If I chose to add an MCR to someone's phone would it be as simple as that, just add an MCR to a set or sets and change the script to execute to that when out of service? I've seen issues when adding shared extensions to call center phones in the past. If I remember correctly I think it impacted the MWI on the phone. Have you ever seen that?

You will need be aware of forwarding and hunting. The DN that you use will likely follow the HUNT and FDN of the TN where it is MARP. So if it goes to voice mail then you need to have a mailbox or announcement of some kind.
If you don't want it going to voice mail then you can put it on a data TN to have control of the MARP.
There is a good instruct from Gene here:

Hi Guys. I'm coming down to the last few days before my new call center goes live. Does my script look okay above? Test calls seem fine. I only have 2 hold treatments so I believe if the caller stays on hold for awhile, the 2nd treatment keeps repeating after the music. Just trying to dot my i's and cross my t's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back