Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time of day routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruspola

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
GB
Hello,

I know some use TOD statements to define hours closed rather than hours open and I have used both.
I have a question regarding the all xx:xx to all yy:yy time of day logic
When using the all to all TOD statement does the time need to be between 00:00 and 23:59.

I saw a statement in a vector which has all 13:00 till all 00:00 and wondered if using 00:00 was strictly correct to ensure its closed between 1pm and midnight?

Thanks

hey there. You can do it either way. For example say the center is open from 8am-5pm Mon-Fri only. You could just use these statements (don't forget to end your closed time with :59 cause if you say 17:00 the center actually wont close until 5:01pm
1 goto step 6 if time of day all 16:59 to all 08:00
2 goto step 6 if time of day fri 16:59 to mon 08:00
3 queue to skill 1 pri m
4 wait 60 secs hear music
5 goto step 4 unconditionally
6 disconncect after announcement 1234 (closed)

Personally I haven't used time of day statements for years, ever since service hour tables came out around release 4.0 I have been using them and just putting the open hours in them. Plus you can use the same table in multiple vectors, meaning one simple change to the service hour table can impact several vectors and save you a bunch of time. Same example as above using service hour tables
1 goto step 5 if service hours not-in table 1
2 queue to skill 1 pri m
4 wait 60 secs hear music
5 goto step 4 unconditionally
6 disconncect after announcement 1234 (closed)

In service hour table 1 form just add an entry for Monday through Friday only with the start hours of 08:00 and end hours of 16:59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back