Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of day routing? Can I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthorpe

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
Hi folks, here is an email I got today but I have never done anything like this. Can you guys help me out? See below:

Hi Jack,

OK I've got a doozy for ya.

We are currently working on a deal for (customer) where our people will be taking calls for our customer. Essentially we are working on a outsourcing deal for (customer).

Right now, we have their current phones routing to an outside number (their office).

Since we would be taking on their calls, we want to know if the following is possible.

1) Enable time of day call routing
2) Enable day of week call routing

The time of day routing would work like this:

Monday through Thursday (8 AM - 5 PM) have the phones ring on their extensions (xxxx, xxxx, xxxx). Then 5 PM - 8 AM have our phones ring. This would be automatic, and they should still have the ability to use voicemail when they are present.

The day of week routing would work like this:

Friday 5 PM until Monday 8 AM have the phones ring in us and then come Monday morning it would go back to time of day routing.

Do you think this possible?

If you have vectoring enabled it isn't much of a problem..

01 wait-time 2 sec hearing ringback
02 goto step 06 if time-of-day = fri 17:00 to mon 08:00
03 goto step 06 if time-of-day = all 17:00 to all 08:00
04 route-to number "their number" if unconditionaly
05 stop
06 route-to number "your number" if unconditionaly
07 stop

This is pretty basic, but it should work...

Good luck

John

Oh bummer. I do not have call vectoring at all. I wish I did.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back