Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of Day - Internal vs External 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVatSTFI

MIS
Mar 12, 2007
US
I built a menu in App Builder on a Call Pilot 2.02 system. I have both the day control and time control options in. The end user wants internal callers to go directly to a receptionist and external parties to go to the menu. For some reason this is not working. All calls are going to the receptionist.

How does CP know whether the call is external or internal? I am also wondering if there is a way to change the time in the TOD icon so that it works for all 24 hours.

the way i do that is use the idc table to change the dialed dn on the external number.. for symposium external callers to 6000 have to hear a disclaimer, internal caller know they are in a hospital so they don't need any recording unless the operators are busy.. so i turned 6000 to a vacant dn, and then i could build unique call treatments for each type call.. same is true with mail..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you! That takes the whole date and time out of the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back