Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time logoff of Global VPN client session to Sonicwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarksville

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2004
US
I'm using sonicwall TZ170 to terminate VPN for Sonicwall's Global VPN client software. Anyone know if there is a way to automatically disconnect the VPN session after a certain amount of idle time?

Yep, go to users/settings/global user settings
user activity timeout setting default is 10 min.

thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I had already set both the "Inactivity timeout (minutes)" and "
Limit login session time to (minutes)" settings under users/settings/global user settings. These setting have had no effect. Remote users still have an infinitely long VPN session. I assume these settings worked for you though?

I'm using RADIUS for VPN authentication. Perhaps that is preventing these parameters from working correctly?

Clarksville,

I am wondering if you could walk me through on setting up the Radius server (IAS) for vpn authentication. I'm using TZ170 with SonicEnhance 2.5.02 OS.

I tried this before but I can't get a successful authentication from my IAS server. I opened a case with SonicWall but they just told me to call Microsoft because they don't know how to set up IAS (that's what I told).

Could you help?

Thanks,
Zorex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back