Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time lapse animation query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabbason

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
GB
Hi i'm currently working on a piece of time lapse. Ordinarily i would just simply drop the images into premiere and set each image to a 1 frame duration. However, i want the images to appear to collect on the screen so that you can see the ones that have appeared earlier in the sequence (the images have different sizes and orientations). Is there a way of doing this in premiere, or can this be done in photoshop?

I thought there might be a way of running an automated batch action to save each successive frame by using a template to which each image is placed then saved to. Is this possible?

The only way i could think to do it in premiere was to use a large number of frames equal to the number of frames in the film, which is impossible as it limits the maximum number of channels to 99.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

best wishes,

John

You don't say what format of video you are using. If it is DV, you might want to look at using Scenalyzer Live ( to do the timelapse capture since it includes an onion-skinning facility. Scenalyzer also allows easy capture of still frames, so you could opt to generate a sequence of still images instead of capturing directly into an AVI. Free try before buy. Much better for timelapse than using Premiere, but only if you are using DV rather than HD.

You can get almost unlimited layers in Premiere Pro by using nested sequences, each of which can have up to the 99 layers you mention.

jabbason, I'm not quite sure what you have in mind as the final product.

Is it that you want all the frames to be visible (for example, a bunch of snapshots thrown onto a table), or that you want them to be varying degrees of transparency as they are laid in?

Or something else?

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back