Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time issue on sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reff2828

Vendor
Oct 19, 2009
CA
I have a CUCM 7.1.5 that has a couple of 7962 sets running 5 hours ahead of time. All other sets are OK.
How would I change the time on these sets or force the correct time to them?

If all your settings are the same in your Device Pools as the other phones, try changing the timezone reference in IP Phone NTP setting. Some of the Timezone settings don't work correctly with some phone loads. I had this same issue and this is what fixed mine.

Also make sure the network switch those 2 phones are connected to are on the same VLAN as the rest of your phones. We got bit by an identical problem where we swapped out 2 Mitel IP phones with Cisco. The 2 phones were in the 2 guard shacks away from the building out in the driveway entrances and due to distance had to have a fiber run to reach them. Both locations had 8-port POE switches that -guess what?- they were still on the old voice VLAN. Oops!

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

I know CUCM is a bit different the CCME. However, try to update the CNF files. Then reset one phone to test before reseting all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back