Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time interval reporting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFREE

Programmer
Jun 29, 2005
US
When I return a query is there a function in RS like in Crystal to separate the data into defined time intervals in the report??

Is this something that must be handled in the SQL query?

Any help would be much appreshiated!!!!

You can do it in RS but (to me) it seems horribly complicated - Given that date / time manipulation is relatively easy in SQL, I would do it there...

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Thanks for confirming my original thought ... You saved me a good number of hours worth of work :)

no probs - if you know .NET then it's probably quite easy - but I don't know it as well as I know SQL - so SQL it is !!!

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back