Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIME function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wchestnut

Programmer
Aug 9, 2010
US
I feel stupid for asking this, but I haven't been able to find an explanation after searching through 4 books and Google. It's always been easy to figure out from FoxPro through SQL.

I'm trying to set the date and time a record was last updated using an Embed Source. Setting the date was easy to figure out, time is not.

I tried creating a table variable of TimeEdited with the type of LONG and TIME. I can't find out how to actually set the current time value to the field. I thought it was the same as the date using TODAY(), but the time values always show 12:12AM.

Thanks, again, in advance!

Hi!

It is CLOCK() i.e.

DateEdited = TODAY()
TimeEdited = CLOCK()

Regards

Seriously? :) I've never seen that name used as a function before. I don't feel so bad now!

Thanks, again!

Hi!

Well .... you look at the clock to see the current time and so if you say CLOCK, you get the current time. If they had called it NOW, then they would have to report the current date & time.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back