Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamwat

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
AU
i am importing excel time data into access. i want to display minutes, seconds and hundredths
in excel i use a mm:ss.00 format and this returns the correct value but access won't allow this format

when i use the ms format it actually returns a different value. a 1:07.893 time in excel returns 1:07.89 when i use mm:ss.00 and this gives me the correct value. when i use nn:.ss.ms it returns 1:08.18 for some reason. the format that works for me in excel dosn't play ball in access
any ideas

jamwat,

It is considered poor manners on this and every other forum I visit to post the same query more than once. You originally posed this question here at 2104 yesterday. If you're frustrated at the lack of a working answer, simply add a comment to your original posting. That will bring up back to the top of the list, and will give people who try to help you the other answers you've received.

The Missinglinq

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

thanks for the tip, hope i didn't offend too many users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back