Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time format in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberH

Programmer
Jun 10, 2002
CA
Hi all,
A friend is asking me for help, and I'm not sure how to do it. He used Excel 97 (which apparently allowed you to type in Lotus formulas?) and recently switched to Office 2000. He used to have a macro, with a hot key, that he would hit, and then enter a time, in the format 12,30 for 12:30, and it would pop this into the active cell, formatted correctly. Apparently this no longer works (with Excel 2000). Is there something similar i could set up for him? I realize that I could do it by writing a macro, but thought there may be a way easier way.??

Thanks in advance!
amber

Hi Amber,

Is there anything wrong with asking the user to use the ":" instead of the "," ?

i.e. entering 12:30 will cause Excel to automatically enter the time correctly and format the cell at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back