Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time difference between creation date and closure date

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyleW

Instructor
Oct 29, 2001
GB
Any ideas how I might create a formula that will show the difference in minutes between an event creation date and its event closure date. I need the number of working minutes that the event was active.

My main problem is that the office hours are 08:30am - 19:00pm Monday to Friday and a Saturday 09:00am - 13.00pm.

An event may also roll through multiple weeks. It may also start or finish on any day Monday - Saturday.

I have a managed a formula thats works the difference across one weekend but not multiples.

Not a lot of hair left to pull out!

Does the date have a timestamp, or not?

If so, I'd use the datediff('n',{table.datetime}) function for startdate+1 and enddate -1 (checking that the dates aren't too close together) and another formula to add in the additional minutes for the actual start and end dates, and another formula to subtract the non-working minutes from the total using datediff('d',{table.datetime}) * the number of non working minutes per day.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back