Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time differecne problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cclark983

MIS
Apr 10, 2001
US
I am having a problem with one of my domain controllers that nothing seems to fix. It wont let me log in and is saying 'There is a time difference between the client and server' - yet it has the exact same time as the other domain controller (same time zone too, booted up into safe mode just to double check)

Most fixes for this seem to say login locally, but this is a domain controller so that isn't an option. I did enable telnet on the box giving that error and wsa able to connect and run 'net time /domain:[my domain] /set' - but even that didn't work, and setting the domain policy for tolerance up didnt work either. I'm running out of ideas, anyone ever had a machine do this?

Use the 2000 CD and log as the local administrator in a recovery console. Set the time service (W32time) to start manually and see if this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back