Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time and Date Setting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinohills

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
US
How do I change the date and time what load # and what is the procedure that follows..

In LD 2

To print the current time and date:
TTAD day-of-week day month year hour minute second
Example
TTAD WED 24 03 1976 10 30 05

To set the time and date:
STAD DAY MONTH YEAR HOUR MINUTE SECOND
Example
STAD 24 03 2006 15 30 05

just to add my bit...

The daylight savings time adjustment can be programmed to take place automatically. You can set the date to change to daylight savings, and to return to standard time. This information can be queried at any time.

The system clock MUST ALREADY be set for the daylight savings time to be updated. This information survives sysload.
FWTM = Set the date and time for the clock to move forward.
BWTM = Set the date and time for the clock to move backward.
SDST = Enable or disable the automatic change.
TDST = Query the change information.
To implement these commands, use the following.
FWTM <month> <week> <day> <hour>
month = 1-(4)-12 [January-December]
week = (1)-5, L [1st-5th, L is the last week of the month]
day = (1)-7 [Sunday-Saturday]
hour = 1-(2)-22 [Midnight-11:00 pm]
BWTM <month> <week> <day> <hour>
month = 1-(10)-12 [January-December]
week = (1)-5, L [1st-5th, L is the last week of the month]
day = (1)-7 [Sunday-Saturday]
hour = 1-(2)-22 [Midnight-11:00 pm]
SDST ON, (OFF)
ON enables the automatic change capability
OFF disables the automatic change capability
TDST <CR>

if your runnung procomm here's a script that will sync the tod to the pc your using.

Code:
proc main
   integer iDay, iMonth, iYear, iMin, iHour, iSec
   string sSend

ltimeints $LTIME iYear iMonth iDay iHour iMin iSec

strfmt sSend "STAD %02d %02d %d %02d %02d %02d" iDay iMonth iYear iHour iMin iSec
   set txpace 30
   transmit "****^M"
   waitfor ">"
   transmit "ld 2^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit "TTAD^M"
   waitfor "."
   transmit sSend
   transmit "^M"
   waitfor "."
   pause 2
   transmit "TTAD^M"
   waitfor "."
   pause 2
   transmit "****^M"

set txpace 0

Endproc

i have this linked to a script that logs me on, sets the time, then takes me to load 20, so i put it on the scheduler to have me logged in when i get here at 7:00

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I recommend using the automated script. If you happen to fat-finger the time/date changes you can really wreak havoc with Symposium, any mail services, etc., that get time information from the switch. Tough to explain if you make an error and wipe out all year's voicemail or cause Symposium to close the call center because it thinks it's a holiday.

Does anyone have an idea if you could do this somehow through OTM? I'm not a programmer, but it looks to me like you should be able to do it through the scheduler somehow.

We have two Option 11c and we are managing them with OTM Release 2.10.

Everything else in our company is sync'd to the Naval Observatory and its a pain to remember to go and reset the clocks on both systems every Monday morning before the call centers open.

you can use the posted script and procomm with the scheduler. i have mine on a schedule to do the time sync at midnight, it syncs to the pc it is running on. as long as that is on network time, which is in sync to a known clock source, they are all on the same clock. most of us don't use otm, after you know the switch, learning a better way to do it slower is not that inviting. i will not allow otm on site.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

otm/mat to nortel is so far from usable it's insane. i've installed it for dozens of users. for non-techs making simple changes on phones, it works, most of the time. then you get 1000000 trouble calls about names that don't work or changes that didn't happen etc. if windows worked as well as otm, we'd all be using apples.. i know users that love it. i don't know anyone that can use it for all the changes i make in a normal week. does it even work in ld 90 or 56 or 88.. i haven't met a single user that can build idc tables 7 digit routing or lots of other 2 minute changes. why should i waste time using a software load that only does the changes regulated to junior techs in the 1st place. i add pri's ,new loops, routes, dchl's clod tables, without a manual about as fast as i type this post. how long would it take me to do the same in otm? windows is out there because it's faster and cleaner. not just because non techs can surf jmho (was that a rant?)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yeah, I musst agree that OTM is quarky. I end up using the system terminal on it and do a lot of things by command line. I have VNC running on our OTM box so I can hit it from anywhere.

From what I've been reading, it looks like I'll have to go and get a copy of Procom to throw on that system and run a serial cable over to the PBX.

procomm saves me more time then i can estimate.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back