Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tiling an Image (very difficult)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmycr

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
I have a .gif image of a black and white outline of a tree.
I also have an image of a leaf.

I am looking to allow the user to click on the leaf and then click on the tree and have the leaf tile onto the tree.

thank u for any responses.

and what do you have already??

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

I have the main picture of the tree and another of the leaf. I also have different colors so that the user can fill in the tree with colors from a pallette.

That doesnt give me the effect that I am lookign for the user to use.

So what I would like to do is fill in the tree with a leaf tile. But just the tree not the background.

thanx for responding so quickly Christiaan.

I do not have any code for this yet. This reason is that I do not have the experience manipulating pictures.

My coding experience has usually been backend not user interfacing. So this is quite new to me. ANy help at all is very much appreciated.

thanx for such quick replies.

Doesn't BitBlt even have a tiling option? I can't remember, but even if it doesn't, it'd just be a matter of a few loops.

Google "VB.Net" BitBlt Sample you should find something.

-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

try downloading paint.net it is written completly in .net (I think c#) and it's opensource.

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
There's no such thing as a winnable war - Sting

Thanx Rick

Im not sure. I do not have much experience with images. But i will look into it.

The search is going but am having difficulty finding one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back