Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TightVNC Server not is use by administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

QSW

Technical User
Jun 7, 2010
US
I’m using Tight VNC and it is working great except for one needed tweak.

Sometimes someone is using the server and is logged on as someone other than the administrator. When this happens the server cannot be logged into remotely using TightVNC. Is there a way to remedy this? I’d like to be able to log on remotely regardless of who may be logged on and using the server.

Remote and server are both using Vista Home Premium. Both server profiles on the server have administrative rights as well as having TightVNC 1.3.10 installed on both server profiles.

Thanks for your help!

Kim

Wait, so you're saying you've got a server running Vista Home Premium? Why not running a Pro level of Windows for the server? Just wondering... You're more limited with the less than Pro editions of Windows when it comes to networking and such. But you probably already know that.

Yeah, I know I am restricting my options by using Home Premium on the server but that is all that I have.

I did upgrade to TightVNC 2.0 but that hasn't solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back