Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TightVNC on Wyse thin client requires user permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgaliardo

MIS
Nov 30, 2004
Using Wyse Rapport 4.4 management software to manage our thin clients. One option on this software is the ability to remote shadow. It uses TightVNC to do this. On some Wyse models, usually the S-10, when I go to shadow nothing happens. I find that if I physically go to the remote terminal, there is a dialog box requesting permission. Someone has to click YES for me to shadow.
Does anyone have any idea how to change the default on these terminal to not require permission? I sometimes need to get into these terminals at remote locations, when there is no one there to answer yes ot this. I found that from the management server, after establishing a shadow session, I can right click on the session and get the session connection properties. There is a check box there for request permission, but it is grayed out, so there must be a setting on the terminal somewhere. I've been through the terminals but can't find a place to change.
Still waiting to hear back from Wyse, so far no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back