Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TightVNC cannot connect to server XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

megadan2000

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am having problems with connecting a client as it keeps coming up with failed to connect to server! It was working before SP3 was installed but no longer is. It works for other machines running XP SP2 but not this one. I have reinstalled the vnc program and the service is running. Has anybody has this issue?

I'm having problems with TightVNC also, though it isn't connected to SP3 I don't think.

I have installed 3 machines with the VNC server, the one that works is running SP3 but I cannot connect to the other 2 which have SP2.

I've installed the VNC software the same on all 3 machines, they all are configured on the domain via group policies so should all have same virus / firewall setting.

So why won't 2 of them let me connect?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

The answer was to set the ports on the windows firewall via GPO.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back