Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tiger OS Desktop PostScript printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash3433

Programmer
Mar 16, 2004
I have been able for years to print postscript files (*.ps) stored in a desktop folder by dragging them to the desktop printer (HP 4600) in os 9.

New to Tiger, I find the same approach leads to two problems:

the files are printing in reverse order (i.e., files "A.ps", "B.ps", "C.ps" when dragged to the printer print in the order of "C.ps", "B.ps", "A.ps". This will not do.

Second, the printer has a duplex unit installed and is set to use it, but the pages are not printing back-to-back, only one side per page.

I am at a loss as to how to make it do what I want (and what it used to do).

I doubt I am in need of special software, and I do not want to convert to PDF files.

Can anyone direct me to the answers (or better yet, just give me the answers)?

Thank you.

I assume you've downloaded any driver updates from HP.

While I've never really used drag and drop printing - even back in OS7-8-9, I'm guessing that you have the printer set to print in reverse order. Our HPs retain that unless we change it, and then they retain that order until changed again.

We have about 6 non postscript HPs with duplexing. We have to specify duplexing on each print order or they won't print both sides automatically.

When you get the main print window, see if there's a button for Printer. That's where you access the features specific to a printer - at least in 10.3X

new drivers for your printer might have come with your system. You might try editing your printer list and checking for Rendevous to see if your's comes up.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

I would suggest that your default printing options aren't set for duplex and may be set for reverse collation.

Open one of the .ps documents with Preview, select print then review the printing options you have selected. Set them the way you like, then give them a name and save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back