Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tiger Cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleTek

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2005
US
Hi All,

I am trying to figure out how to clone a Tiger build successfully using Apple's Disk Utility. I am running Disk Utility in 10.4 and making an image of a 10.4 system from another drive that I have built the way I want it. Now when I restore the image using Disk Utility; the tmp, var, and private folders are visible on the drive I restored to. I am just curious why this functionality doesn't work and why it is only showing those 3 folders and not the other hidden folders/files. Any ideas?

To get around this issue I used an app called SuperDriver! to restore the image I made in Disk Utility. I can't wait for CCC to update!!!

Thanks,
Galen

I used CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) under 10.3.x - not sure if they update this for 10.4 yet. But it was so easy. Its a great freeware utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back