Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIFF image manipulation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glab

Programmer
Jun 21, 2000
US
Hello everyone,

I have a question for you. I need to merge a few TIFF images. The images could be quite big - a few hundreds of pages in each one of them. I can do that using Kodak ImageEdit and ImageAdmin controls methods, but the process is very slow and could take hours. There's an application, that we use - I work for litigation support bureau and the application is called LAW 4.0 - and it performs this merge process in the matter of, sometimes, seconds, but it doesn't have a functionality, that I need this merge process for. So, I have to create something else that works about as fast as LAW does.
If anyone has had any experience working with images - TIFFs especially - could you please give me some pointers on how I can do that? I mean, other than using Kodak imaging controls.

Thank you in advance.

Now this is something I do every day! The product that I had my boss buy for me to do all my Tiff stuff is "tiffdll50" from
I've written scanning apps using it and even "rippers" and formatters with it.

Thank you guys for your responses.

I'll check the links you gave me and see if it works for me.
Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back