Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie Trunk from Cisco 3810 to Nortel Option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNewbie

Technical User
Oct 27, 2002
US
I have a IP trunk question: We have a 3810 that has a E1 connection to a Nortel Option 11 DTI E1 card. Our Peruvian technician said that he has no way of setting the trunk members on the Option 11 to 2-W E&M, immediate start. He kept on arguing (through an interpretor) that he can only set his trunk to DTMF and immediate. On our router we had the voice port set as "ds0 group 1-4 e&m-immediate-start". We only have 4 trunks for connection. The circuit back to the States is a 256k frame relay. So the dial-peer is vofr ... The far end router/Option 81 is set up with 4-w e&m with immediate (works fine with our other sites) so our setup in the States is fine. Now, in Peru, they can only originate 2 calls (and the calls work great) and the 3rd and 4th call will ring in the States and when you pick it up ... they disconnect. Debug voice ccapi inout shows that router in Peru chose the correct dial-peer and left just fine and then disconnect. Bandwidth is fine ... no problems. Each trunk works fine individually, but can't set up four calls only two. Now if the States drop the call, the trunks in Peru has to time out (due to immediate start ... wish we could use wink, but that's another story). I am stumped! I know it has to do with signalling. The Peru Option 11 has to be 2-w E&M immediate start just like the router ... no? Cisco default is 2-w (type 1) e&m while Nortel is type ii ... will this be a problem? What can I do if the Peruvian don't know how to configure their Pbx trunk to 2-w E&M? Is there any way that I can get the Router to match their DTMF trunk? Help. Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back