Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thumbnails on Windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2001
US
I have a new computer that came with windows ME. I have been using the thumbnail view for MYCOMPUTER directories and it has been working great. I have lots of digital pictures that I do a lot with and it makes sorting through them easier because I don't have to even click on them - I can just see what each file is. All of a sudden one day it stopped working. I had not changed any setting or anything but now for each image instead of seeing the image as the thumbnail I see the icon for whatever program it is associated with like previous windows versions did. I would like to change this back but can't find the problem. I have found where the options are as to what program to view a file type in but all the defaults are still selected as they should be. I do have the preview option on my folders so I can just select a file and see a preview of it without opening it but I would like the thumbnails to work again - that is such a nice feature. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back