Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thumbnails in google images and youtube do not load

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPent

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
TR
I have been having this problem for months now and I have patiently searched the net for a solution as well as tried several things myself. So I hope someone outthere knows how to solve this.

When I do a search in google images, the page loads, but the thumbnails never show. This happens in all my browsers (FF, IE, Opera, Safari and chrome). The page keeps loading for some time as if it is trying to load the thumbnails, but after a while it just stops.

I tried disabling both firewall and anti-virus software, even tried different antivisus programs. I tried entering the IP-address for s.ytimg.com in my hosts file..all to no avail.

Strangely enough, sometimes (only very occasionally) the thumbnails do show up..but only for a short period of time (5 minutes or so).

I am using opendns, so I tried changing back to my ISP's dns-servers, but still it didn't solve the problem.

Please, anybody have an idea as to what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back